[Centos] 3.3 -> 3.4 transition

John Newbigin

jn at it.swin.edu.au
Tue Jan 11 05:54:36 UTC 2005

Lance Davis wrote:

> well in fact 3.4 will actually go to 3/ and we will be moving the old
> repos for 3.1 & 3.3 to an old-updates directory that isnt mirrored.
>
> 3.1 & 3.3 will become symlinks to 3/ and anyone that updates will get 3.4
>
> centos-release will have version 3/ and epoch 2 to facilitate this
> transition.
>
> This is to become dag compatible and to make updates easier.
This is IMHO good news but before it happens, will there be an
announcement so I can fix my rsync scripts?

Also, can someone clarify what I need to do here:
Lets say I have a few machines which have never been patched.  Some 3.1,
some 3.3 and some 3.4.  Is there a single directory that I can point
them all at to get all the patches that they all need?

John.

--
John Newbigin
Computer Systems Officer