[CentOS] ftp daemon problem

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Thu Jul 7 23:32:50 UTC 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 12:36 pm, someone wrote offlist:

> how is the user logging in -- what username? and what are the
> ownerships and permissions on /home/jlasman/ ?

The user on my local desktop is jlasman.  /home/jlasman is myself as a
local user on my desktop system.  Which is Mandriva 2005 LE.  But I
don't think that should matter.

The remote server (running CentOS 4.1) user is test, set up as a
standard user with adduser and passwd.  But I did change the the
default shell to "nologin".  However nologin IS listed in /etc/shells,
so my understanding is it should work.

The file I tried to transfer is:

-rw-rw-r--  1 jlasman jlasman 2505 Jun 27 15:34 xorg.conf.work

The permissions for /home/jlasman are:

drwxr-xr-x  33 jlasman jlasman 4096 Jul  6 22:07 /home/jlasman/

Any help appreciated.

(Though I know you wrote me offlist, the questions are good and helpful
and I can only hope you won't mind my responding onlist in an attempt
to get as much help as possible.)

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA  92408