[CentOS] filesystem corruption: resize inode not valid

dan1 dan1 at edenpics.com
Fri Jul 29 22:24:46 UTC 2005

>Hello.
>
>I am having a problem with one CentOS 4 box I have installed. It worked
>perfectly for several days, was used as a gateway on my LAN.
>After having reached the limit of the disk size by copying stuff from a
>windows box to a samba shared drive on the centOS box, and after making a
>reboot, the server didn't come up anymore.
>Looking at it I was thrown to the repair console and when doing an 'e2fsck
>/dev/md1' there was the following message:
>"resize inode not valid".
>>From there on, I can answer to the repair questions, but after finishing
>>the
>filesystem repair, and redoing a filesystem check (after reboot or not) the
>same error message comes up.
>I cannot go out of it and the ext3 filesystem (in software raid 1) seems
>completely mixed up.
>
>Did somebody else have this problem already ? I had a look around the
>internet and I have seen several people having had this problem these last
>months.
>I was using the e2fsck verison 1.35 (current version of CentOS).
>
>Thanks for any help one could provide.
>
>Daniel

Hello again. I continued to try finding out what to do on that problem.
I freed up some memory on the problematic root partition and restarted
several times more e2fsck from the repair console.
This time the problem seems to be fixed. I could reboot 3 times without
problems nor filesystem check.

Thanks anyway and sorry for disturbing.. CentOS rocks !

Daniel