[CentOS] Running another gnome or kde on virtual console [SOLVE]

ijez ijez at time.net.my
Sun Jul 31 06:11:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

> To start gnome on :1 -
>   1. Hit ctrl-alt-F2 to get to virtual console 2
>   2. Run xinit /usr/bin/gnome-session -- :1
>   3. Use ctrl-alt-F7 to get to :0 and ctrl-alt-F8 to get to :1 , etc
>
> To start kde on :1 :  1
> . Hit ctrl-alt-F2 to get to virtual console 2
>   2. Run xinit /usr/bin/startkde -- :1
>   3. Use ctrl-alt-F7 to get to :0 and ctrl-alt-F8 to get to :1 , etc

This work just great! as far as this thread is concern, it was solve.
I think I do the right thing by choosing CentOS as my new platform for Windows replacement :)

Is there any trick or tip if I want to start gnome or kde automagicaly when I switch to virtual console?

Thanks In Advances,
Regards,
ijez