[CentOS] was - Vote For CentOS now "pay for CentOS" :)

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 19:39:01 UTC 2005

On 6/3/05, Tom <admin at homemachine.net> wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > This is because people using CentOS won't donate even $1, one time, to
> > the project....oh well, such is life.
>
> <snip>
>
> good point, I gave a 1 time donation then forgot about it :(
> have just paid again (not a lot but that's what's needed), that's my vote :)
>
> PS add a remind again in x months option somewhere Johnny :D

Johnny,

I am very much appreciative of the effort that is put into CentOS.  I
leave my machine doing BT all the time and have donated 225+GB so far.
 I would be willing to give money, but only after I see an accounting
and description of where the money is going.

I asked for that many months ago and got no response, so I left it
that there was enough money coming in that it isn't worth doing the
accounting to get even more money.

I would probably just trust that the money goes to a good place, but
the second result on this search doesn't sit well with me.  That story
is also the reason I am concerned about the slow and unpublicized
drift from RHEL-SRPM rebuilds (change to Glade, change to Mozilla
cert-db).

http://www.google.com/search?q=lance%20davis%20linux

Greg