[CentOS] Temperature monitoring tools

Douglas E. Warner dwarner at ctinetworks.com
Tue Jun 7 14:05:36 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 09:46, Rob Hall wrote:
> If the later I'd agree with others recommendations regarding Cacti. I use
> it to monitor full hardware status, temps etc, of a raft of Dell servers
> (although it took some setting up in terms of creating the necessary SNMP
> data collection/graphing elements).

I like NetMRG (http://www.netmrg.net) for monitoring things via SNMP (or other
method like scripts and mysql databases).

> In terms of obtaining the temps etc from the Dell servers via SNMP I use
> the Dell supplied OMSA (http://linux.dell.com/monitoring.shtml). A new
> version of OMSA is supposedly due this month that supports RHEL 4 and
> should therefore work on Centos 4.

I've found that OpenIPMI and IPMITool work quite well, also.  OpenIPMI is
compiled into the RHEL/CentOS4 kernel, and I've packaged IPMITool here:
http://www.silfreed.net/articles/repo

--
Douglas E. Warner    <dwarner at ctinetworks.com>     Network Engineer
CTI Networks, Inc.   http://www.ctinetworks.com    +1 717 975 9000