[CentOS] Is a new HP-dl380 dual XEON 64 bit or 32 bit

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Thu Jun 16 00:23:14 UTC 2005

We ordered a G3 but got a G4 instead.

DL380 G3 (No EM64T) running CentOS-3 i686
# cat /proc/cpu
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 3051.915
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
runqueue        : 0
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips        : 6094.84

DL380 G4 (With EM64T) running CentOS-3 i686 (not using 64Bit)
# cat /proc/cpu
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 3200.267
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
runqueue        : 0
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm lm
bogomips        : 6383.20

Perhps the lm flag?  Otherwise, the model number (4).  cpufeature.h
seems to define the lm flag as X86_FEATURE_IA64 but I though that was
EPIC...

John.

--
John Newbigin