[CentOS] OT: question on setting up an email server

Jimmy Bradley

bmobile40 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 20 01:59:54 UTC 2005

      Hi guys,
      I realize that this might be considered to be off topic, but the
machine I want to use is running Cent OS.
      Ok, this is what I'm thinking about trying, and mainly just to see
if I can do it. I've got a total of 3 linux machines here, and I was
thinking about setting one of them up as an email server. Now, I'm not
talking about setting the machine up so that all I run on it is an email
client like thunderbird, or evolution and retrieve email from my email
account at bellsouth. What I want to try and do is set the machine up so
that my machine is the email server, and I retrieve my email from it.
Is what I'm thinking about even possible, or am I just simply having a
case of too much oxygen on the brain? If what I'm thinking about is
possible, how would I go about doing it?
Thanks
Jimmy