[CentOS] Re: 3Ware 9500 (was Opteron Mobo Suggestions)

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Thu Jun 23 15:22:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 07:58:22AM -0500, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> That is good to here.  My actual experience had been limited, but positive.
> But given the slew of issues, I just stopped recommending the 9500S until
> I heard otherwise.

I've had a 9500S-8 running in a CentOS-3 dual-Xeon box for about 8 months,
regularly under high disk load, no problems.  The latest RHEL 3 kernel
even includes the driver.

--
"Remember when computers were frustrating because they did exactly what
you told them to?  That actually seems sort of quaint now." --J.D. Baldwin