[CentOS] Re: 3Ware 9500 (was Opteron Mobo Suggestions)

Avtar Gill avtargill at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:06:20 UTC 2005

Alan Hodgson wrote:
> I've had a 9500S-8 running in a CentOS-3 dual-Xeon box for about 8 months,
> regularly under high disk load, no problems.  The latest RHEL 3 kernel
> even includes the driver.

Likewise, I've been using a 9500S-4 in a CentOS 3.5 server with the
distro included driver.  No complaints as of yet.  Although the setup
isn't really exotic, simple RAID1 with one hot spare.

Before that I used to download the source from 3ware, compile it and use
the resulting module on previous releases of CentOS.  No problems back
then either.