[CentOS] 4.1 beta for Alpha platform

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Thu Jun 30 11:53:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:40:04PM -0500, User Lists wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have tried to install this beta release on PWS 433
> au but I can not boot /kernels/vmlinux.gz image. Error
> is: "unsupported compressed image". Is not posible to
> install  under this Alpha model??

I really don't know as i never has such model myself. You do have SRM
running on that box? If it's ARC/AlphaBIOS based, i am not even
thinking of touching that area anymore :/

what's woth for 'normal boot method', it's just that one does

>> boot <some device>

(preferrable with 'set boot_osflags ""' so that it won't start
something with automagic).

The 'l' does bring the list of predefined targets which are selected
just with the prefixing number.

One is free to use domething like

> b /kernels/vmlinux.gz initrd=/images/cdrom.img <a lot of own flags>

if needed. (for example the 'console=ttyS0 text askmethod' is something
i need :)

So short: a little more details?

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/