[CentOS] Re: centos] memory leak in Centos 4.1 and 4.0

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Oct 3 19:37:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 15:10 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Craig White wrote:
>
> >> And, of course, going to each user that has gone through the trouble
> >> of learning procmail's line-noise syntax and explaining that he'll
> >> have to throw that out and start over with sieve.
>
> > 2 - few users are invested in procmail scripts that I have seen
>
> ouch - was not aware I would lose my beloved procmail
>
> [herrold at swampfox .procmail]$ wc -l *c | tail -2  ; pwd
>      159 zz_filingrc
>     7262 total
> /home/herrold/.procmail
>
> > 4 - as you point out yourself, procmail's syntax is pretty much
> > impossible for end users and sieve, though slightly less powerful is
>
> yeah ... but I have many years invested in those 7k lines of
> mungeing  ;)

----
The Procmail way...
# fedora-list list
:0:
* ^TO_fedora-list at redhat.com
mail_folder/fedora

The sieve way...
# Fedora-list
if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "X-BeenThere" "fedora-
list at redhat.com"  {
    fileinto "INBOX.fedora";
    stop;
}

not all that problematic but I appreciate the tendency to not change
things that are working. It's just so much faster - even on my 1 user
setup at home and incredibly so much faster in multi-client
environments.

Craig

believed to be clean.