[CentOS] Re: centos] memory leak in Centos 4.1 and 4.0

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 20:31:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 14:37, Craig White wrote:

> not all that problematic but I appreciate the tendency to not change
> things that are working. It's just so much faster - even on my 1 user
> setup at home and incredibly so much faster in multi-client
> environments.

But you are comparing the speed of uw-imap with mbox format against
cyrus and the mbox format is the problem.   Procmail knows how to
deliver in maildir format and dovecot can access it with some
opportunistic indexing to get a big speedup without having to change
as much from the users' or administrator's perspectives.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com