[CentOS] Re: Driver 3c509 - Centos 4.2

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Wed Oct 26 02:51:02 UTC 2005

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 10:19:27PM -0400, Chris Mauritz wrote:
>

>>Wow, I was using those cards back in the early 90's with coax 10BT.  I
>>have a few laying around if anyone wants 'em.  I was just about to toss
>>them out along with a bunch of old Adaptec and Buslogic VLB and ISA
>>narrow SCSI cards from the same era.  My wife has become a lot less
>>tolerant of my packrat ways with computer gear.  8-)
>>

>I would love to get my hands on some 3c509 cards. Unfortunately, sending
>them to me (Brazil) would cost more than getting some 3c905 boards here.
>
>Those cards are great to connect old K6/Pentium machines (firewalls)
>to ADSL modems.

At one point, I had about 50 of them.  When Netgear came out with cheap
PCI 10/100 cards based on the DEC tulip chip, and Buslogic came out with
the 946 PCI cards, we summarily punted all our remaining ISA/VLB cards
and never looked back.

Next time I go to Brasil, I'll have to bring them along.  8-)

Cheers,