[CentOS] CentOS 3 -> logins

Ugo Bellavance

ugob at camo-route.com
Tue Sep 6 19:40:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

	Since I upgraded CentOS from 3 to 4, I get those enties in logwatch.
It seems to be caused by cron, opening a session everytime it executes a
task.  Is that normal?

crond:
   Unknown Entries:
      session closed for user root: 381 Time(s)
      session opened for user root by (uid=0): 379 Time(s)
      session closed for user user: 239 Time(s)
      session opened for user user by (uid=0): 239 Time(s)
      session closed for user backup_user: 2 Time(s)
      session opened for user backup_user by (uid=0): 2 Time(s)
--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.