[CentOS] Anyone running giFTui successfully on CentOS?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Sep 8 15:00:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 23:02 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> >Rebuilding from SRPM and building your own RPM are two additional
> >options many don't consider worth mentioning because most people are
> >incapable of carrying them out.
> >

> Hmm... my guess would be that I'm incapable of carrying them out. I'm
> the worst kind of newbie - one who doesn't know anything, but isn't
> afraid to go stomping through systems I don't understand.
>
> Getting back to the original question... I seem to be missing just one
> library. Is it not possible to just get that library from another
> source? Or do I not understand the implications of missing that library
> file.
----
Generally, the missing libraries are in the associated 'devel' rpm's

Generally, it's better to use rpm's because they are easily to install
and remove and give you information about dependencies.

Generally, when using an rpm system like fedora, or RHEL (CentOS), it's
better to find the instructions for installing from either the
developers, the mail list or FAQ of the project or asking a list like
this so you might find someone who has already installed it or can
identify already built rpms for you.

Craig