[CentOS] Anyone running giFTui successfully on CentOS?

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Thu Sep 8 15:25:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:02:59PM +0900, Dave Gutteridge enlightened us:
> >Rebuilding from SRPM and building your own RPM are two additional
> >options many don't consider worth mentioning because most people are
> >incapable of carrying them out.
> >

> Hmm... my guess would be that I'm incapable of carrying them out. I'm
> the worst kind of newbie - one who doesn't know anything, but isn't
> afraid to go stomping through systems I don't understand.
>
> Getting back to the original question... I seem to be missing just one
> library. Is it not possible to just get that library from another
> source? Or do I not understand the implications of missing that library
> file.

According to http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-46203.html
liblinc is an old (obsolete?) library.

You can either

A. Get the old library from FC2 and use that

or

B. Rebuild the SRPM so that it doesn't link against this old library and
   uses whatever new features are available to it.

Personally, I would choose B.

The easiest way to do this is as root:
# rpmbuild --rebuild foo-1.0-1.src.rpm
# rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/foo-1.0-1.i386.rpm

I went ahead and did this for giFTui-0.4.1 for you...

http://www.math.ohiou.edu/~hyclak/giftui-0.4.1-1.i386.rpm

:-)

Matt

--