[CentOS] mkfs.ext3 on a 9TB volume

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 18:13:57 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 11:20, Peter Arremann wrote:

> All that said, I too would recommend going with Reiser or XFS. I once had a
> ext3 filesystem that had one damaged sector in the journal... of course it
> fell back to ext2 behavior and the fs check took all weekend :-)

I've had exactly the same experience with reiserfs several times
and the weird syntax of the the reiserfs version of fsck makes
it not work automatically.  So not only does it take forever,
it waits all weekend for you to come in and type the --rebuild-tree
option to the command before even starting.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com