[CentOS] X11 forwarding

Wed Sep 14 18:21:51 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 13:10 -0500, Todd Reed wrote:
> Do I need an xserver running on my windows box?  That may be my problem.  If
> so, could someone suggest one.  I did a quick search and I found several
> that you have to pay for.

maybe ... are you trying to display X applications on you windows
box ... if so, you need to have an xserver.

another option is to run nx / freenx server on your linux box and
connect to it via the nx client:

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/

You can install nx with:

yum install nx freenx

and get the windows client from nomachine.org (see the above link)