[SPAM] Re: [CentOS] dag repo and perl dependencies naming

sophana sophana at zizi.ath.cx
Sun Apr 23 21:19:46 UTC 2006

did some investigations
# yum install amavisd-new
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Addons
Server: ATrpms for rhel 3 stable
Server: ATrpms for rhel 3 testing
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Base
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Extras
Server: Dag RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server: dries el3 repo
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Extras
Server: kde-redhat.org (kde-stable)
Server: kde-redhat.org (kde-stable-all)
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
......Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package amavisd-new needs perl(Digest::MD5) >= 2.22, this is not available.
Package amavisd-new needs perl(Time::HiRes) >= 1.49, this is not available.

perl-Time-HiRes is version 1.38 in the centos 3 repo.
So this is normal it doesn't work.

however I don't understand this bug:
# yum install rpm
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Addons
Server: ATrpms for rhel 3 stable
Server: ATrpms for rhel 3 testing
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Base
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Extras
Server: Dag RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server: dries el3 repo
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Extras
Server: kde-redhat.org (kde-stable)
Server: kde-redhat.org (kde-stable-all)
Server: CentOS-3.3 - Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.......Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package rpm-libs needs rpm = 4.2.3-24_nonptl, this is not available.
# rpm  -q rpm
rpm-4.2.3-10
# ls /var/cache/yum/base/headers/rpm-libs*
/var/cache/yum/base/headers/rpm-libs-0-4.2.3-21_nonptl.i386.hdr
/var/cache/yum/base/headers/rpm-libs-0-4.2.3-24_nonptl.i386.hdr

I noticed lots of bugs in yum. This is really annoying.