[CentOS] FreeNX documentation and other miscellanea

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 8 13:31:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 06:06 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> I was having trouble connecting to the server that I am using for remote
> development so I updated things and rebooted.
>
> Connected into FreeNX nicely after that...wonder if there is issues with
> memory leaks or something...
>
> Anyway, it appears that the nxagent grabbed port 3000 which is what I
> was using for rubyonrails/webrick (I probably can change that) which
> sort of tells me that when I first loaded freenx/nxagent, port 3000 was
> already in use so it probably adjusted itself but upon reboot, nxagent
> got all comfortable in port 3000 before I logged in and tried to start
> webrick in rails...
>
> So I wandered through the documentation on NoMachine.com but that
> doesn't really cover the nxagent and in checking
> out /etc/nxserver/node.conf.sample, it refers to documentation in !M
> which means absolutely nothing to me whatsoever.
>
> I do see that there are some options that might be interesting such as
> remote printing - and now that I enabled remote printing on the client
> side, the freenx server seems disinterested and probably has to be
> configured and I'm thinking that documentation might be a good
> thing...where does one find more details on FreeNX server/agent
> configuration?
----
apparently I am wrong again...

connecting via http://localhost:3000 asked me for username/password for
CUPS - very strange...apparently it is related to cups and I can't log
in even using root/rootpw but localhost:631 works normally.

Oh well...back to development but any pointers to FreeNX server
documentation would be appreciated.

Craig