[CentOS] printing server via http

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Wed Feb 15 18:09:35 UTC 2006

JC wrote:
> My question is how to enable the printer so that user can connect &
> print via http like http://192.168.1.100/printer
>
> I don't know if this is possible, but i'm sure somebody out there can
> shine some light on this for me.

I think CUPS can do what you are looking for.  I have not set it up, but
CUPS uses the Interner Printing Protocol.  So you should be able to add
a network printer by pointing to:

http://192.168.1.100:631/printers/printername

You'll want to do some more searching around for more specific details
(as this email is light on details), but I think that will get you
headed the right direction to accomplish what you want.

/jt