[CentOS] selinux "strict" policy for Centos-4

Jesse ras1 at jamrockmusic.com
Wed Jan 4 22:45:15 UTC 2006

Josh Kelley wrote:

>On 12/27/05, Jesse <ras1 at jamrockmusic.com> wrote:
>

>>Is anyone using the "strict" policy with Centos-4? If so which RPM are
>>you using and where did you get it? I have searched a little and haven't
>>been able to find it.
>>

>As far as I know, it's never been released for RHEL or CentOS; it
>tended to cause too many problems for upstream to be willing to
>support it.

Thanks for the response, I think you were the only one to respond to
this thread.

 From some RH webpage which I don't seem to be able to locate now, they
did mention that it wasn't supported, but that it would be available for
download if someone wanted to use it.

Seems like either a lot of people don't bother with really strict
security policies, or they are using some other distro that implements
strict policy much better (Gentoo-hardened comes to mind). Guess it's
time to learn the details of SElinux...

thanks,

--jesse