[CentOS] High Availability using 2 sites -- yep, "propogation."

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 5 19:56:08 UTC 2006

Maciej ¯enczykowski <maze at cela.pl> wrote:
> and you have a pretty robust system.

That's exactly what I was talking about -- it's a combination
of things.  I _never_ said BGP solves them.  I just said that
the proper way is to get an AS (which involves deploying
external BGP).

To cut to the chance, far too many people think you can do
some server-side configurations and all of the sudden the
Internet will change -- maybe because they understand simple
NAT/PAT for their home or small office network.  It's far,
far, _far_ more complicated when you start talking about the
Internet targetting _you_ as a "destination" on the Internet.
 ;->

And that means how you appear to the rest of the Internet as
a routed, _layer-3_ destination (i.e., IP).

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com