[CentOS] freenx in rootless mode and session resume anyone?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:15:12 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 06:05, Sophana Kok wrote:

> I suceeded to run freenx on centos3 with the nomachine client, but I
> still have some issues.
> First I can only get a new whole desktop (kde) session. I cannot resume
> it, and it always leave tons of process that I have to kill from root.

I've only been able to resume sessions from exactly the same
location and geometry that matches the original.  I'm not
sure about the real issue here.  If you choose terminate when
you close a session it shouldn't leave any lingering processes.
Also, make sure you have the latest server and client.

> I don't need the whole kde desktop, and only want to have single
> windows. This is called the rootless mode I think and cannot make it
> work, it simply hangs.

This is easy with simple ssh tunnels, but I don't know how to
make nx do it.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com