[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 Mouse Tracking Unstable SOLVED

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Jan 28 03:32:40 UTC 2006

Am Sa, den 28.01.2006 schrieb Charles Sliger um 3:57:

> My question regarding the Ubuntu solution below had to do with the fact that
> /etc/modules does not exist on the CentOS system.  I assume it resides
> somewhere else in the filesystem.

Debian based distributions are different in this respect as they use
other scripts to load modules. On CentOS you define module options in
/etc/modprobe.conf. There is no module pre-loader mechanism like in
Debian, other than /etc/rc.sysinit (which you normally should avoid to
edit).
Editing the modprobe.conf on CentOS for psmouse options will not work,
because:

$ grep -ni mouse /boot/config-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL
[...]
1412:CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y

PS/2 mouse support is fixed in the kernel. So parameters must be passed
as kernel boot parameters.

> Chaz

Alexander

Serendipity 04:28:01 up 54 days, 9:05, load average: 1.53, 1.32, 1.11