[CentOS] Unknown Files in /tmp

Mark Sargent

powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Sat Jan 28 14:41:23 UTC 2006

Hi All,

2 days ago, I used skype on my laptop, which hadn't seen the net before
then. I successfully spoke with my mother, and had no problems.
Yesterday, I had what I believe was an unauthorized access to my laptop,
so, I  changed all passwds on my smoothwall box, and also put the local
host onto a new subnet. Today, I experienced some weirdness with skype,
where, I could hear/be heard, but, the ring tone for calling/receiving
had stopped. I most certainly made no changes to skype's configuration.
Today, whilst snooping around my laptop, for numerous things, I came
upon some files in /tmp, which I don't recognize,

[root at localhost tmp]# ls
keyring-XphDRC
gconfd-racket                    mapping-racket  ssh-qONcvE2869
gconfd-root                      orbit-racket    xses-racket.bWVjc5
keyring-P5i6Xo                   orbit-root

below is just some content from "xses-racket.bWVjc5"

(nautilus:2955): Eel-WARNING **: Error starting command
''/tmp/keyring-XphDRC/socket'': Failed to execute child process
"/tmp/keyring-XphDRC/socket" (Permission denied)

I ran a soundcard test today, could that be it?

This is all probably not related, but, I find it odd. What do you think?
I googled for info on the filenames, but, found nothing. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.