[CentOS] Selectively updating protected repos

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 19:26:00 UTC 2006

On 7/3/06, William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> I don't see it happening in the current context. AFAICT, yum and/or rpm
> "forget" where an installed package came from. Correct?

Doesn't matter.  It would be sufficient if I could tell the [base] repo

protect=1
unprotect=firefox*

I don't care if firefox always comes from the *same* repository, I
want it to always be *the most recent* RPM from any/all of the enabled
repositories.  I don't want to exclude it from the base repo list, I
only want to exclude it from "protection".