[CentOS] cyrus-sasl mysql backend

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Wed Jul 5 13:49:09 UTC 2006

>>It's Centos/RHEL 4's cyrus-sasl rpm. Specifically, the cyrus-sasl-sql
>>rpm. It appears all other code seem to work except for the sql plugin. I
>>am not sure if that is due to configuration error, which seems unlikely
>>since i copied the configuration for smtpd.conf from the FC2/Opteron
>>box, or due to threading /sasl initialization issues.
>>

> You might be surprised. Sometimes a default setting is changed between
> versions that you don't expect, or wasn't explicitly defined...

Well, at most I'd expect a clear message in the logs about back settings
but a crash?!
>>Nope. All I could find from searching on the '_dl_sysinfo_int80 ()'
>>string was something about threading or hyper-threading being enabled
>>causing crashes...does Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz cpus have hyper-threading?
>>

> Most likely, yes. If you use the SMP kernel, you should see two processors.
> You might poke around in the BIOS if you have time and see if you can
> disable it and if that solves the problem. If so, it'd be handy to know for
> future reference in the list archives.

What I did find on google was that there were cases where disabling
hyper-threading 'solved' the problem...I wonder if I should be using a
smp kernel...

> Glad you at least got it working. I hope that doesn't mean you have time to
> test without HT on, though ;-)
>
> Matt

Let me find a convenient time for that then. Man, what a time to be out
of a test box...