[CentOS] Hosting

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jul 11 15:34:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 15:24 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Charles Lacroix wrote:
>
> [please trim your mails, some of us only have 10GB of mail storage]
>
> > Recently i configured a webserver for a friend of mine and webmin was what
> > the webmaster enjoyed the most :)
> >
> > I find it easy to setup and once you cut off ¾ of the icons on the webmin
> > interface it starts to look good.
> >
> > I never trusted cpannel, things break here and there for no reason.
>
> I never trusted webmin, seeing how many exploits (even root exploits)
> were available for it. usermin was the last I saw a warning for.
----
I don't/won't use usermin so I can't comment on that but Jamie is so
quick with updates that webmin is hardly a security issue if you
regularly yum update and install webmin from dag/rpmforge

Webmin was invaluable to me as a learning tool (before I figured out
where the config files were buried) and I use it as a leave behind
mainly for my customers to use the LDAP Users/Groups to add/delete users
and if necessary, the shut down the beast since there is rarely a
keyboard/mouse/monitor on the servers.

I still use webmin for DHCP and BIND server configuration because it
makes it really simple.

Craig