[CentOS] tftp question

Robert List list06 at abbacomm.net
Wed Jul 12 22:21:11 UTC 2006

Did you check your logs to see what the error(s)s was/were? It will pretty
much tell you exactly what happened there.

Then of course I do this when I deal with inetd or more specifically in this
case xinetd... YMMV

netstat -a | more

then I would tailor some /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files

#
# hosts.deny    This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#               *not* allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#
# The portmap line is redundant, but it is left to remind you that
# the new secure portmap uses hosts.deny and hosts.allow.  In particular
# you should know that NFS uses portmap!
ALL:ALL

And then

#
# hosts.allow   This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#               allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#
# in.tftpd in.telnetd sshd
#
in.tftpd:               someipaddressornetworkhere

what it sounds like is a SOURCE and/or destination ip address issue with the
firewall or hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.

 - rh

--
Robert Hanson - Abba Communications
   Computer & Internet Services