[CentOS] Thunderbird Upgraded from 1.0.8 to 1.5.0.4 and MOZ_NO_REMOTE dead

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jul 18 17:11:04 UTC 2006

Well, I had driven home to me how much more I need to get organized....

A desktop notebook needs a little more, it seems, than a nice stable
server.  I have to learn about using the

CentOS-Plus repository and some 'beta' rpm stuff...

I did the install:  rpm -Uhv thunderbird-1.5.0.2-0.1.EL4.centos4.i386.rpm

I downloaded the rpm as a user, but ran the rpm SUed.  Three problems:

Does not fix my MOZ_NO_REMOTE problem.
No ICON associated in the window (running gnome).
When I do an extensions check update, I get a whole bunch of language
extenstions listed that cannot be checked as:

Update not supported (install location is read only).

Oh and this compose window and the extensions window also lack their icons.

Is there a beta 4.4 list where I should point this out?