[CentOS] Thunderbird Upgraded from 1.0.8 to 1.5.0.4 and MOZ_NO_REMOTE dead

Sean O Sullivan seanos at seanos.net
Tue Jul 18 19:14:02 UTC 2006

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I did the install:  rpm -Uhv thunderbird-1.5.0.2-0.1.EL4.centos4.i386.rpm
>
> I downloaded the rpm as a user, but ran the rpm SUed.  Three problems:
>
> Does not fix my MOZ_NO_REMOTE problem.
You might try :
MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1
export MOZ_NO_REMOTE

also, after quick google, are you meant to specify profile location, or
profile name?
Instead of
-profile ~/data/acct1/Mail

try,
-P "Profile Name"

> No ICON associated in the window (running gnome).
OK, you may have to logout & log back in again for GNOME to pickup on
icons -- there may be a command to get GNOME to detect new icons/reread
pixmaps dire - unsure.
> When I do an extensions check update, I get a whole bunch of language
> extenstions listed that cannot be checked as:
>
> Update not supported (install location is read only).
This is normal - to update language extensions (which is not stored in
local user profile), you must run as root/su'd.

> Oh and this compose window and the extensions window also lack their
> icons.
As above - try logging in & out.

> Is there a beta 4.4 list where I should point this out?
centos-devel list I assume,

Also, try not top-posting, makes it harder/more effort to reply.

Regards,

Sean