[CentOS] Bad Sectors and Linux Software RAID

Oliver Schulze L.

oliver at samera.com.py
Thu Jul 20 00:06:48 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm writing because I have a RAID1 setup with 2 ATA disks.
The 2nd disk has a few bad sectors, and it was kicked out of the array.

My question is: is it posible to use a disk/partition with bad sectors with
Linux Software RAID?
Is there a way to mark those sectors as bad, re-partition the drive,
add the partition into the RAID and make Linux Raid detect and not
use those bad sectors?

My other solution si to low-level format the drive and try to use it again.

Many thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.