[CentOS] MIB browser

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Jul 20 15:46:26 UTC 2006

Quoting Guillermo Garron <guillermo.fedora at gmail.com>:

> I think we receive your previus post, and it was really helpfull, anyway i
> am relly sorry to see that , that great tool is in no repo.
> As i prefer not to compile anything to continue having the support of rpms
> (with yum) or (at least in my understand) all the upgrade cycle is broken.
> maybe i am not right.

Yes and no.  The original source doesn't seem to be maintained for a
very long time (3 years or so) anyhow.  So even if it was part of an
repo, it is unlikely there would be any updates.  Unless original
author starts working on it again, or somebody else takes over.

Anyhow, if you really want to have it installed as RPM package, it is
trivial to create one.  To save you some time, just use attached spec
file.  Put original source (version 0.3.1), the patch from my previous
post in this thread, and this spec file into appropriate locations in
your build area (by default, directories under /usr/src/redhat), and
build the RPM.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/