[CentOS] Wireless USB mouse

Mace Eliason meliason at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 20 17:48:56 UTC 2006

Hi

I am posting this message again because I am desperate.  I have search the
net, joined the x.org mailing list and have gotten no where.  I never even
got a response on the x.org mailing list.

I am using a microsoft wireless laser mouse model 6000, and it moves fine
but when you move over icons menus etc it will click on it own.

I am at the point of switching to Ubuntu which works just fine.  I have even
changed my xorg.conf file to match Ubuntus for the mouse section and still
no go.  I have added the plus repositories and updated to the latest kernel
and still no go.

My xorg.conf file look like the following

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse0"
    Driver     "mouse"
    Option    "CorePointer"
    Option    "Device"    "/dev/input/mice"
    Option    "Protocol"    "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option    "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5"
    Option     "Emulate3Buttons"    "yes"
EndSection

My system is a dual athlon 2.2Ghz (Tyan mpx)
1gig ram
200Gig HD
Ati 9700Pro 128Meg
USB 1.1
USB microsoft 6000 laser mouse (wireless) pluged into a 4port hub
USB Saitek eclipse keyboard. pluged into a 4port hub

Thanks for any help

Mace