[CentOS] VMWare

Mark Schoonover schoon at amgt.com
Thu Jul 20 21:07:52 UTC 2006

Guillermo Garron wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to run a windows machine on my CENTOS 4.3 laptop 1.8 GHz 768
> Mbytes RAM. first
> what should i choose VMPlayer or VMWare server?
>
> Second where can I find some guidelines to have this done?
> thanks,
> Guillermo Garron

Guillermo,

	The vmware docs are pretty good, so just follow those to install.
VMPlayer can only use virtual machines that are already created, either with
the full version of VMware WS, or Server. I use VMware server for all my
uses now, I've been a VMware WS user since 4.0 days. So far, server has been
fine and I can't argue about the cost!

HTH

Mark