[CentOS] VMWare

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Thu Jul 20 21:08:33 UTC 2006

Guillermo Garron wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to run a windows machine on my CENTOS 4.3 laptop 1.8 GHz 768
> Mbytes RAM.
> first
> what should i choose VMPlayer or VMWare server?
>
> Second where can I find some guidelines to have this done?

You might want to start here:

<http://www.vmware.com/products/free_virtualization.html>

VMPlayer is only to "play" or run prebuilt machines. If you're planning
to actually install the machine(s), then you'll need to use the VMware
Server so that you can create/edit machines.

Careful with your memory though...meaning don't allocate too much to
your VM's. You'll find all the help and docs you need at VMWare. They
have RPM's that are easily installed on CentOS.

Max