[CentOS] help...about centos4.3 and dell poweredge 2800

Guillermo Garron guillermo.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 21:25:38 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, Karl R. Balsmeier <karl at klxsystems.net> wrote:
> Is he trying to establish a hardware-based RAID 10 on his Dell Poweredge
> server?  That looked like part of what he wanted to do.  If so, and he is
> using 4 disks, take two of them and create RAID 1, and do the same with
> the other 2, then when those are created, choose new RAID, and select raid
> 0, select both RAID 1's as members, and once done, he will have RAID 10.
>
> That's how we did it on our existing Poweredge servers, -we also are able
> to monitor them using Nagios and a custom script we wrote that works with
> the AFACLI tool, which I can send you the download info for.
>
> But let me know, maybe I read his post slightly wrong in spanish...
Karl I am not good at raid, i have never worked with it nor with x64
servers so, i will translate his email here for you.

" I have Dell POwer Edge 2800 server,
First, Is it possible to install centos and wich version?
x86_64?
Well talking about installing, i can install but I need to enable RAiD
of the disk in raid 10.
how can i do to make CENTOS recognize me the four disk in raid 10...?
thanks in advance ... Roberto"