[CentOS] help...about centos4.3 and dell poweredge 2800

Karl R. Balsmeier karl at klxsystems.net
Thu Jul 20 23:54:12 UTC 2006

Ask him if he has a hardware RAID card : )

If not, we can walk him through the software RAID method.

If he has a 64-bit server, he can use the x86_64 centos ISO's, and if he
doesn't he will get a screen message saying "this machine does not support
long mode" or something very similar.  In which case he can put the 32-bit
Centos ISO's on there.

Once we know if he has hardware RAID SCSI card or not, we can walk him
through the disk setup, I will dig up the right FAQ for this and send it,
along with my own notes...

-karl