[CentOS] nullmailer recommendations

Mark Schoonover schoon at amgt.com
Fri Jul 21 14:27:16 UTC 2006

Gavin Carr wrote:
> Just wondering what people tend to use for nullmailers on their
> centos boxes (i.e. a minimal outgoing-only MTA)? I guess the obvious
> solution is a minimal postfix config, but that seems reasonably
> heavyweight and easy to misconfigure - is there anything lighter
> floating around the centos universe?
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin

Gavin,

	How complex are your emails?? I need to do the same thing, and can't
get sendmail to email within my domain. I can send emails outside my
company, but not to an internal SMTP server. I'm working on a small perl
script that will do what I need - inject email into my internal SMTP server,
with attachments. I need simple email notification when cronjobs finish...
If you're interested, I can post this script to the list, hopefully later
today.

HTH

Mark