[CentOS] nullmailer recommendations

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Fri Jul 21 14:40:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 07:27 -0700, Mark Schoonover wrote:
> Gavin Carr wrote:
> > Just wondering what people tend to use for nullmailers on their
> > centos boxes (i.e. a minimal outgoing-only MTA)? I guess the obvious
> > solution is a minimal postfix config, but that seems reasonably
> > heavyweight and easy to misconfigure - is there anything lighter
> > floating around the centos universe?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Gavin
>
> Gavin,
>
> 	How complex are your emails?? I need to do the same thing, and can't
> get sendmail to email within my domain. I can send emails outside my
> company, but not to an internal SMTP server. I'm working on a small perl
> script that will do what I need - inject email into my internal SMTP server,
> with attachments. I need simple email notification when cronjobs finish...
> If you're interested, I can post this script to the list, hopefully later
> today.
>
> HTH
>
> Mark
> <snip sig stuff>

I don't know if we are talking the same thing here, but I have a couple
CentOS 4.3 boxes on my little LAN. I send email (IIRC - I might have to
double check *if* you all are interested) between the boxes no problem.
All I did was make the change that I mention (this thread, another?)
that tells sendmail to listen on more than localhost (which is the only
listening it does by default).

Let me know if you want me to double-check that. I'm pretty sure it
works because I need it to get down the road and have all my admin stuff
at one host. That's why I did it.

--
Bill