[CentOS] Re: nullmailer recommendations

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jul 21 16:56:43 UTC 2006

Mark Schoonover spake the following on 7/21/2006 9:02 AM:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
>
>> Well, I tried you suggestion to my previous email, and they didn't work.
>> Now, I'm sure it's because I'm not experienced in sendmail.
>
> Me too! But I did some reading, looked at things,... and do have an
> extensive *general* background. So there's probably some other piece of
> the puzzle that's not right or is different.
>
> There's lots of experienced folks here though. I bet if you posted in
> the form of some background, a starting description of the pertinent
> components in your setup, snippets of logs, etc. they would jump in and
> help.
>
> At least, that's been my observation. Fridays may be the exception
> though.
>
> I'll also try and help, within my limits.
>
> Bill,
>
> 	Thanks for the offer of help! Time is short. It's going to take me
> about an hour to write up a SMTP email injection script - barring any crazy
> interruptions. Trying to tackle sendmail will take much longer, time I just
> don't have right now. Once the script is done, I'll gladly post it to the
> list for others to use... I find it hard to believe though that no one else
> has created a script like this. Using Krugle didn't turn up much...
>
> Mark
Sendmail has been moving mail around the planet for many years. There are only
2 basic things that need to be done to a stock RedHat (or clone) install to
make mail flow:
1) Remove the restriction in the sendmail.mc of only sending mail through the
local loop interface.
2) Make sure the machine has a resolvable FQDN. If only sending mail locally
in a network, it just has to resolve on your nameservers, but it has to
resolve somewhere.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and