[CentOS] Re: nullmailer recommendations

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Fri Jul 21 17:10:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 09:56 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> Mark Schoonover spake the following on 7/21/2006 9:02 AM:
> > William L. Maltby wrote:
> >
> >> <snip>

> > Mark
> Sendmail has been moving mail around the planet for many years. There are only
> 2 basic things that need to be done to a stock RedHat (or clone) install to
> make mail flow:
> 1) Remove the restriction in the sendmail.mc of only sending mail through the
> local loop interface.
> 2) Make sure the machine has a resolvable FQDN. If only sending mail locally
> in a network, it just has to resolve on your nameservers, but it has to
> resolve somewhere.

And therein may be some clues? Make sure /etc/resolv.conf is right, you
may resolve *completely* from /etc/hosts (or any ldap/yp/nis/...? that
is running in your net?) or you may have a local bind that needs
configuring as a (non-)caching DNS server?

/var/log/maillog can be your (very verbose) friend (with whom I am
empathetic! *chuckle*).

--
Bill