[CentOS] nullmailer recommendations

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 17:45:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 07:27 -0700, Mark Schoonover wrote:
> Gavin Carr wrote:
> > Just wondering what people tend to use for nullmailers on their
> > centos boxes (i.e. a minimal outgoing-only MTA)? I guess the obvious
> > solution is a minimal postfix config, but that seems reasonably
> > heavyweight and easy to misconfigure - is there anything lighter
> > floating around the centos universe?

>  How complex are your emails?? I need to do the same thing, and can't
> get sendmail to email within my domain. I can send emails outside my
> company, but not to an internal SMTP server.

Sendmail should send out-of-the-box to any standard SMTP server.  The
only change you should have to make is if you want it to receive
from other machines.   The only thing that might cause a surprise
is that it will send to the address it gets from DNS for the MX
receiver for the domain if one exists where any other thing you might
use to connect would use the DNS A record.  If these are different
you might be trying to send to some unreachable relay intended for
outside senders.  What does:
dig -tMX yourdomain.com
show, and can you connect to the address in the answer on port 25?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com