[CentOS] CentOS4.3: Upgrade Python for Zope&Plone

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Fri Jul 21 18:55:48 UTC 2006

Ben:

> I'll give that a shot with 2.4.3 then, and see if I can get Zope
> running on top of it.

Any luck installing a parallel version of Python?  If so, can you
post the recipe?  I need Python 2.4.3 for a project, and while I was
able to build it from source (./configure --prefix=/some/where/else;
make; make install), I was not successful in getting the Tk interface
(Tkinter) to work.  Also, I'd like to be able to package the whole
thing up as a (relocatable) RPM, but I've never build my own RPM.  So
before I go re-inventing the wheel, I'd like to leverage the
collective experience of this group.

Thanks,
Alfred