[CentOS] cron.weekly

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Sun Jul 23 17:21:03 UTC 2006

William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 09:47 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
>
>> Just looked at the log from the x86_64 machine and I see the same zcat:
>> stdout: Broken pipe in the 00-makewhatis.cron job as on the x86
>> machine.  Did I miss some thread about current updates somewhere?
>>

> If so, I missed it too! I am 100% current (based on current knowledge).
> Other than the prob you mention, I have also seen messages from
> glibc.common regarding double releases. Saw some in dmesg and some while
> in X. Some apps have been locking, never completing startup, crashing,
> etc.
>
> B4 proj guys holler about reporting, I've been completing a more
> standard b/u procedure using my el-cheapo LVM-based stuff and that took
> priority once I saw the symptoms.
>
> My needs came first.

It's very possible I missed anything about the problem, as I don't read
everything.. I scan what I think might apply to me sometime.  I did miss
the clamav thread back awhile, and after reading it, realized it was a
repo problem.  I don't update very often, and never have had any issues
with anything.  There is a lot I don't quite understand about how the
update processes are *supposed* to work, but again, it's always done
just fine, no problems.  I'm getting lazy in my old age and don't want
too many things going bump in the night..  If it works, I don't try to
fix it either.  Might not be the best policy, but where I have things
that *must* run, I tend not to do dumb things and shoot myself in the
big toe :-)

thanks Bill...

-sam