[CentOS] Help...about migration from redhat to centos in dell poweredge 2800

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Sun Jul 23 18:01:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 13:59 -0400, Roberto Barrientos Molina wrote:
> <snip>

> yum  upgrade
> "
> then i will hope upgrade to centos 4 :-) if result.

If my memory is good, current consensus from the project guys is that
CentOS 3- > 4 is a *bad* idea. I believe they say is better to do a
fresh 4.x install.

> in relations to my machine config is:
> Dell Power edge 2800 ,PROCESSOR, 80546K, 3.0G, 2M, XEON IRWINDALE, 4 scsi
> disk, 4 ethernet Gigabit.

There are some other folks with similar equipment who have posted
recently. Have you searched the archives to see if they had any advice?
In google add a parameter, "site:list.centos.org" (I think, do not put
the quotes) to your other arguments.

> <snip>

>  regards, roberto.-
> <snip sig stuff>