[CentOS] OT: remote power cycling

Wright, Paul pwright at northwestfire.org
Thu Jul 27 16:33:55 UTC 2006

>Years ago, I had such a device from APC, but haven't
> needed one in a long time since all my locations are staffed.  I'd
> welcome any suggestions from the list.

If you need to also provide power protection, many UPS units also
provide the ability to cycle one or more of the power outlets.  We use
both Tripplite and APC products with the network interface card
(Web/SNMP).

For out-of-band management, it seems likely that you could do something
with the serial port and a modem but I haven't personally implemented
that strategy.

Regards,

paul

Paul M. Wright, Jr.