[CentOS] Karanbir CentOS REPO - Breakability?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 9 01:43:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 17:23 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:

> > ermmm ... it is a REBUILD of fedora extras ... what do you expect?
> > Gentoo packges?
> >

> No I did not expect Gentoo packages, I expected Debian sid packages.
>
> On a serious note if i wanted broken packages, all i had to do was to
> :-
>
> - install fedora rawhide
> - enable ATRPMS
>
> What's the purpose of blindly following ALL fedora rebuilds? What
> will happen when the FC5 rebuilds are churned out? Even more broken-ness?
-----
For the record, I think ATRPMS is a tremendous resource and your attempt
a humor didn't need to take a back handed slap at someone who gives a
tremendous amount of time and energy to providing a repository for
bleeding edge sounds and graphics applications. Without ATRPMS, it would
be incredibly difficult to built a mythtv system on Fedora or CentOS.

Craig